australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream- Review & Swatches //Hon-O-Loo-Loo, Ho-Chee-Min, Mi-A-Mee & Doo-Bai

23:07


Ever since australis came out with the Velourlips lip creams I have been all about that matte. I have done a review here on the Hon-O-Loo-Loo lip cream, however I don't think I gave this product enough credit. So, without further ado, here is my updated review on the australis Velourlips lip creams- with swatches of Hon-O-Loo-Loo, Ho-Chee-Min, Mi-A-Mee & Doo-Bai.



(left to right- Hon-O-Loo-Loo, Ho-Chee-Min, Mi-A-Mee & Doo-Bai)

In my last review, I mentioned that I found the smell to be an odd fruity scent and I have finally figured out what it smells like. Grape bubblegum. Now I know so many people love this scent, but personally I'm not a huge fan of the sugary, sweet grape scent, although I don't find the smell repulsive, I'm just not excited about it.

The formula is absolutely remarkable. The product is smooth and glides onto the lips effortlessly, applying as a malleable cream and drying to a beautiful matte finish. If you have dry lips or are worried about the product either cracking or drying out your lips I suggest using a chap stick before application, or using a lip gloss over the top to create a 'lock' for the colour. This will give you more of a lip stain finish rather than matte.



As for wear, I honestly haven't found anything better. This stuff has lasted me through hot days even after my foundation has begun to melt off my face, through lunch and through a night of drinking. Whilst the colour does fade a bit, I haven't felt the need to have to touch it up very often. Keep this in mind for removing it though, as it does take a little bit of extra effort. I have found that the lighter colours fade quicker, but I don't feel like it makes much of a difference.

I think the only thing I have to dislike about the product is that my lips can feel a bit sore after scrubbing the colour from my lips. Nothing a little paw paw ointment can't fix! Unfortunately I only own four of these beauties, but I am keenly awaiting getting my hot little hands on the whole collection. When I do, you can be sure there will be a post full of swatches!

(left to right- Hon-O-Loo-Loo, Ho-Chee-Min, Mi-A-Mee & Doo-Bai)
Hon-O-Loo-Loo
Ho-Chee-Min
Mi-A-Mee
Doo-Bai
Which is your favorite?
Until next time..

xx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Find Best Homemade Beauty Tips and Fashion Trends
    Pakbeautytips.com/
    Find Best Homemade Hair Beauty Tips
    Hair Beauty Tips
    Find Best Homemade Face Beauty Tips
    Face Beauty Tips
    Find Best Homemade Beauty Tips
    Beauty Tips
    Find Best Homemade Natural Beauty Tips
    Natural Beauty Tips

    ReplyDelete

Follow on

Instagram @whereverthereislight

Twitter @elise_morrison