Lush Cupcake Face Mask - REVIEW

12:26

Fellow Lushies and Lushies-to-be, today I decided to do a review on one of Lushes most famous face masks- the Cupcake face mask. I know, I know- I promised this review a while ago, but I have finally got around to it!



Now this face mask is advertised as a mask for oily, teenage skin (which I have/am neither) BUT I've been having a few issues with breakouts and red, painful skin recently so I thought I might give it a go, just in case it helped my poor, painful face. Usually I would go for my face mask holy grail (the Mask of Magnaminy- my review here) but I thought that it wouldn't hurt to try something new.


I've heard so many amazing things about how good this masks smells, and I've got to say I'm a little disappointment. By how everyone raved about it, I was almost expecting the scent of a cake factory to waft through my house when I opened the tin, however that was not the case. The mix does however have a similar scent to chocolate cake mix, with a hint of spearmint (maybe spearmint icing?). The scent isn't displeasing, but not as good as I was expecting.

The mixture itself looks a lot like a mud pie, and spreads just like a clay mask. Although you have to store this product in the fridge, I recommend warming a little in your hands to make for easier application. I leave this product on for around 10 minuets before washing off- however the recommended time is around 15 minuets for best results.


This product made my face feel so irresistibly smooth and made my face feel a lot less grubby. Unfortunately, I don't have oily skin so I couldn't see the full effect that this face mask could achieve, however I do love the feeling of smooth skin- especially after a break out.

I probably wouldn't use this mask on a regular basis as I feel the Mask of Magnaminty works best for my skin- however I don't dislike this product at all. I do however think that they are marketing this to the right group. If you are a teenager/have oily skin, then I suggest that you give this mask a go. You can purchase it online here, or in any Lush store.

What face mask is your favorite?
Until next time...

xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow on

Instagram @whereverthereislight

Twitter @elise_morrison