Starting Fresh

19:34

Hello all!

Lets be honest- choosing to partake in the August Photo Challenge was a silly mistake on my part. Why? Because between working full time five days a week, part time on alternating weekends and trying to keep up with my course work- finding the time (and energy) to take, edit and upload a photo (not to mention writing a short piece to go with it) was a difficult task, to say the least. I had pretty much set myself up to fail, and I did after a mere five days. Pretty pathetic, right? 
Wrong. 

Those five days taught me a lot about myself, my limitations and my aspirations. Sometimes being too keen can actually do more harm than good. I found myself stressing over it, telling myself I HAD to upload something, which was just making my work look and feel shabby and I never really achieved that feeling of success or pride over what I had done. I felt limited in what I could say and do and overall, I really just didn't want to be creative. 

In short, those five days made me realise I dont want to partake in challenges or just show off what little skills I have- I want to upload content that interests me WHEN it interests me. Post can, and will, range from general thoughts, beauty, fashion, products, photography, plans and aspirations. I want to inspire others, but I can't do that if I can't inspire myself. 

I'm planning to start out by posting once a week on either a Friday or Saturday (the two days I will most likely be free to write/post)- with the occasional post during the week. I would LOVE to hear what you guys would like to see me post and am willing to accept ideas, CC and links/suggestions to any bloggers, vloggers or general inspirational persons or posts (whether yours or someone else's) you would like to share.

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read my blog posts- and I look forward to seeing you next time.

xx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. just stick with it, you're doing great! love your self-portrait!

    Would you like to follow each other?Let me know! :)

    fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment! I'm about to follow you; a follow back would be amazing, thank you :)

      x

      Delete

Follow on

Instagram @whereverthereislight

Twitter @elise_morrison